In the workshop "Stress-reduced Handling of Rats and Mice" on the 6th September 2022 from 1-3 p.m. a presentation will be held about improvements for research animals, followed by the latest in stress-reduced handling from RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. At the end of the workshop, there is the opportunity to work with experts from RISE to figure out what techniques to use and how to adapt them to individual work places and situations.
All workshops (in English) will be held virtual via Zoom. A certificate for attendees staying for the entire workshop can be issued.
- Improvements for research animals – housing and handling: Katarina Cvek, coordinator of laboratory animal science at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Refinement at RISE: Marie Eriksson, project leader, Therése Ahlström, laboratory engineer, at Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE) and former co-worker Camilla Bengtsson
- Workshop about how you can implement some of the refinement methods presented
There will be several identical virtual workshops:
- 22 June at 10:00–12:00 (fully booked)
- 6 September at 13:00–15:00 (fully booked)
- 26 October at 10:00–12:00
For further information as well as for the event's registration visit the website of The Swedish 3Rs Center.