As part of the 3R online seminar series "Alternatives to animal use in research and education - Refine, Reduce & Replace" (WS 22/23), seventeen excellent scientists will give a wide-ranging overview of the broad spectrum of topics in the field of the 3Rs. The course takes place within the framework of the Berlin-Brandenburg research platform BB3R and in cooperation with the Berlin Einstein Center 3R.
Program for 24.11.2022 on "Reduction and Refinement":
- 03:00-03:05 pm: Introductory presentation (Prof. Dr. Benedikt Kaufer (FU Berlin))
- 03:05-03:35 pm: "Refinement and Reduction: Nanobodies from Alpacas" by Dr. Ulrike Teichmann (Max-Planck-Institut für Multidisziplinäre Naturwissenschaften)
- 03:35-03:45 pm: Discussion
- 03:50-04:20 pm: "Opportunities for refinement in animal studies with sheep" by Dr. Mechthild Wiegard (FU Berlin)
- 04:20-04:30 pm: Discussion
The seminar series will be held in English. Participation is free of charge, but registration for the entire lecture series or just individual dates is required. You will receive the access data for the respective Webex session (one separate event per date) via email shortly before the start of the online seminar.
The seminar is recognized with a total of 16 hours (or 2 hours per date) according to §10 of the ATF statutes by the Academy for Veterinary Continuing Education (ATF).
For further questions, please contact Ms. Angelique Wolter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you will find the entire program of the online seminar.